TITLE: Personal Care/Supportive Home Care Program Director
Help people with disabilities live more independent and productive lives by joining the Options for Independent Living team! The Personal Care/Supportive Home Care Program Director will be responsible for the overall management of the Medical Assistance Personal Care (MAPC) services and Supportive Home Care (SHC) contracts with Managed Care Organizations, Health Maintenance Organizations, and other provider networks. The Director will ensure that Options' Personal Care and Supportive Home Care program complies with all internal policies and state and federal requirements.
This position supervises all employees within these programs.
Education: Associate or Bachelor's degree in nursing and current licensure to practice in the State of Wisconsin
The person hired for this position will travel throughout our 17-county service area to meet with consumers and staff. Options maintains company vehicles; however, there may be times when team members need to use their own vehicles if the agency vehicles aren't available. Mileage is reimbursed at rates set by the Internal Revenue Service. The person hired for this position must have a vehicle with proof of insurance and valid driver's license, or arrange independent travel.
1. Supervision of Personal Care/Supportive Home Care team.
2. Ensure that the MA PC program follows all regulations as outlined by the state of Wisconsin.
3. Ensure all Personal Care/SHC contracts are accurately administered based on contract requirements. (MCOs, HMOs)
4. Maintain a caseload, which includes but not limited to: intake, eligibility determination, assessment, plan of care development, securing written orders from the consumer's physician and supervision of Personal Care Worker (PCW). Complete annual renewal of plans unless physician or payment sources specify otherwise.
5. Review and sign PCW's timesheets for accuracy during payroll week.
6. Review and revise Policy and Procedure Manual and forms, as necessary. Incorporate SHC contract and MAPC changes into Policies and Procedures. Provide training to PC/SHC team regarding changes.
7. Oversee file reviews and ensure continuous quality improvement.
8. Promote PC/SHC services to increase referrals including presentations and drafting articles.
9. Coordinate and lead department meetings.
10. Attend and participate in Wisconsin Personal Services Association (WPSA) meetings as needed or delegate to appropriate staff.
11. Attend and participate in trainings and conferences as needed.
The Director of the Personal Care /Supportive Home Care Program is supervised by the Executive Director.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Kitty Barry by Monday, December 10th. Applications and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to Kitty by emailing her or calling 920-393-1040.